Wednesday, August 12, 2009

ROTFL!


Pulled a late shift to get some stuff done while I can. You never know how busy the times ahead will be. After gluing the last batteries in place and feeding the wires through to the end, I let the glue dry over night. Then assembled to the blades to the head and bolted the close-out plates on. Three bolts each suffice. The rotor head is fixed to the e-motor shaft, which is a tailor-rolled sandwich tube for optimal torsion stiffness. The sandwich material enables feeding the positive and negative sides of the battery down to the e-motor. Connection established. Finally, big step! Got the main rotor onto the e-motor shaft. Now I'm tired...

4 comments:

  1. Hah! I love this comic so far. Very hilarious, especially since he appears to be building the legendary ROTFLcopter! Love it!

    I suppose I'm your first official commenter? Not entirely sure, but keep up the great work! Just here to tell you that your effort is not in vain! I'll definitely be checking back here for more!

    (I hope you don't mind shameless blog plugs, seeing as how that's an easy way for us all to get some "publicity"...)

    Be sure to pay a visit to my blog that is sure to include everything under the sun! And potentially beneath the umbrella, of course. Not much is there at the moment, but things are in the works!

    http://theumbrellastand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. mate, your attempt at coptermaking makes me nervous. was ist mit dem ganzen trimm-dich zeugs das sonst so an einem rotor dran ist, ist das nur gewoehnliches ornament? poor joe. yet: nachdem ich erst mal nachsehen musste, was rotflcopter heisst, bin ich erst mal beruhigt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brandon,

    Thanks for your support! It is much appreciated. I hope you still stop by every now and then to check for updates! It took me a while to answer comments, please accept my apologies. I plan to be on top of comments from now on.

    I was looking for your blog but couldn't find it, you should republish it! Thanks for following blogionette an I am looking forward to hear from you again!

    Axel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sushicargo!

    Thanks for following my web comic! I found that my readers know quite a bit about helicopters so I have to crank it up a notch. I thought this helicopter would be built in no time but I actually enjoy putting some thought into details like that. The linkage stuff is obsolete in an electric helicopter like that. An electronic solution will replace all the conventional mechanical stuff. Stay tuned for more!

    Axel

    ReplyDelete